• ← Prev
  • Next →

Kelin's Legacy

ewernerhudson 6 years 9 months ago wrote:
media/news/kelin_jacobsen.jpg
I am deeply saddened by the loss of an amazing young man Kelin Jacobsen, whom I met as a client at a recovery center where I am employed. I remember vividly when he came as I was on shift upon his arrival. He was very ill the first days as he was detoxing from opiates, and remember his cute dimpled smile as I placed a warm blanket on his aching, nauseous, body. There was a connection between us from the beginning as he was an unusually unique individual. This was clear as he was beyond his years, and we often would talk philosophically about life, addiction, and touched upon death. He was a gentle warm spirit full of life, always caring about others feelings, was able to turn negatives into positives, but mostly had a depth in his soul, with an abundance of sensitivity. What is apparent to me is that Kel reminded me of my son Josh and therefore I related to him with an unspoken understanding. I remember the night before his graduation, when he thanked me for being there for him and what a difference I had made in his life. I expressed that he had given me so much more than he could ever imagine with the honor of meeting him and spending time with him. I asked Kel if he would help with Josh’s website by sharing his personal journey with addiction and he was excited and willing and expressed that he wanted to be a part of it. We agreed that we never wanted to lose the connection of the special bond that had been established and therefore kept in communication by phone and text messaging. I received a text message on Christmas Day from him wishing me a Merry Christmas and that he missed me. Tragically Kel passed away on December 30, 2010. I will remember his handsome face, sweet heart, and gentle spirit. His life is not in vain as he is now part of the website that sadly offered to share the gift of what a wonderful, unique person he was. He lives on with me and I will continue fighting against drugs with even more vengeance. We are stronger with Kel and his family, determined to help not only those who struggle with addiction but parents as well to find ways to prevent and acknowledge drug use before it is too late. This website carries the legacy of both Josh and Kel who will never be forgotten. Kel, my heart is saddened and I shall never forget you, as I know your presence surrounds those you love. I love you my sweet boy!

Project J.O.S.H. welcomes family and friends affected by Kel’s death to become involved in the organization.

Elaine

yankomom 6 years 9 months ago wrote:

Elaine, I was at Kelin's service today and read the beautiful words you had written about him. My heart is bleeding for his family. My son was a classmate of his not so much a friend, but my son's very dear friend was very close with Kelin and therefore has had a great impact on him.

When I found out about his death and the way in which he died, a few days ago, all I have thought about is his family and this troubled soul. I am so glad that I researched Project Josh.

Terri
You must login or create an account to reply to a topic.
  • ← Prev
  • Next →

↑ Return to Top